After terrible storms last night, I wanted to make my kids a warm, comfy breakfast. Storms brought cold, balmy weather and what better way to get cozy, then a warm muffin? This recipe is super easy and would also be great with some lemon in them, for a twist!
1. Cream your sugar and shortening.
2. Add eggs, beating after each.
3. Add in your vanilla
4.Sift your dry ingredients together.
5. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk into the creamed mixture.
6. Smash 1/2 cup blubbering with a fork and stir into batter.
7. Fold in remaining blueberries.
8. Line your muffin pan with liners. We used brown paper.
9. Fill tins.
10. Sprinkle tops of batter with sugar.
11. Cook on 375° for 30-35 minutes
Cool and serve!
Scrumptious Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 1/4 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 milk
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 teaspoons sugar
Preheat oven to 375°
Cream shortening and sugar
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
Sift all dry ingredients together.
Add to creamed mixture, alternating with milk
Crush 1/2 cup of blueberries with a fork and stir into mixture.
Fold in reminding blueberries
Line muffin pans
Sprinkle tops with sugar
Cook for 30-35 minutes
Remove from oven and cool